It would have been amazing content.
But I'm too fucking lazy to even to that. So, in the spirit of being able to move on from that stupid idea here you go. Numbers 3 through 1 of the worst units in 40k.
Look how fucking cool these guys should be! LOOK
The Entire Dark Angels Codex
Why It Stinks
- Generic or over-costed HQ's
- No access to the best thing that has ever happened to Space Marines. Grav Weapons!
- Deathwing Terminators
- No anti-air units.
- Not the Space Marine Codex
- Deathwing are terrible.
- Ravenwing are ok but why not take White Scars and be BETTER?
- Stupid Land Speeder with the DJ.
- THAT STUPID LAND SPEEDER PISSES ME OFF SOMETHING FIERCE!!!11!!
- Green and red totally clash.
- Dark Eldar
- Imperial Guard
- Space Wolves
- Space Marines
- Gandalf the Grey
How to Make it Not Stink
- Go back to making them have awesome plasma weaponry. Like their plasma weapons don't overheat because reasons and stuff.
- Give them access to the same weapons that generic Space Marines get.
- Don't have the Sammael or Azrael tax to make Ravenwing troop choices.
- Lower the point costs of the Jet Fighter and Dark Talon.
- Give them decent anti-air options.
So here is my beef with the Dark Angels codex. It's not really about what units actually COME with the codex. It's more about what is MISSING. It's that everything they can do the Space Marine codex can do 1000% better. The Dark Angel codex came out a couple months before the generic Space Marine codex and at first was amazing. We saw the lower points cost on units such as Predators and Land Speeders and we thought "great job GW asshole!". Then the Space Marine codex comes out and not only did they get the fancy point reduction but they also got amazing things such as Grav Weapons, Thunderfire Cannons, Storm Talons, Storm Ravens, Chapter Masters, etc. You get the point.
Now, there are some ways to play the codex competitively that don't include adding Knight or three and I will be touching on those builds in my next blog post.
Keep Rolling Them Dices.