Hello everyone, Jason (aka Clown Baby on the forums) here with a filler post while I wait to get my new camera up and running. Everyone forgets rules, and if you are like me, this happens very frequently and at the most inopportune time. Most of my games usually sound something like this,
Jason : ALRIGHT, I'M GOING TO SHOOT YOUR GOBLINS WITH MY CANNON
14 Year Old: YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
Jason: WHY NOT?!?
14 Year Old: IT'S THE MAGIC PHASE
Jason: WELL I USUALLY PLAY VAMPIRE COUNTS SO I'M NOT USED TO THIS.
14 Year Old: THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
Jason: ISN'T THAT YOUR MOM WAITING FOR YOU?
Ok, that went on for longer than intended, but anyways here is my list of 'easily' forgettable rules that I constantly see people glazing over. If you have any more hidden gems feel free to leave a comment adding them to the list (which I will promptly delete and then edit into my original post).
1. If a unit is below 25% of its starting strength and is attempting to rally, the must roll double 1s in order to do so.
2. Musicians give their unit a +1 to their unit's leadership test when attempting to rally.
3. Champions must take a 'Look Out Sir!' roll.
4. A unit that wipes out an enemy unit on the turn it charges may CHOOSE to overrun. If it does not it makes a reform as normal.
5. Scouts must set up MORE than 12 inches away from an enemy unit. (This also goes for 40k players when they are infiltrating a unit).
6. A champion does not count towards a unit's 5 rank and file models in regards to the 'Look Out Sir' special rule.
7. Even though a unit's command group must be in the front rank at all times, a special character may replace one of those models in order to 'Make Way' during combat. (This is mostly for units such as chariots or Monstrous Infantry where they are in ranks of 3).
8. A cannon cannot shoot at an enemy if there is ANY CHANCE it may hit a friendly unit in combat.
9. Flaming shooting attacks re-roll to hit when attacking units in buildings.
10. If a Frenzied unit fails their Frenzy test and is garrisoned inside a building, it MAY NOT charge out of the building and instead must move normally and get as close as possible to the enemy as possible.